When Emergency Water Damage Occurs
1. Control the Damage
Your wiring can be impacted, use caution around electricity!
- If damage is being incurred from a plumbing malfunction, immediately shut off the water.
- Move all of your possessions to dry ground such as valuables, documents, and electronics.
- Make sure to document the damage with pictures and/or videos to ensure proof is obtained.
2. Contact Professionals
Tenants notify landlord or management first!
- File a claim with the insurance company
Water Restoration Service Company
- Contact a water damage restoration services company to remove standing water and moisture
- Safety concerns can be addressed with a home inspection
3. Water Removal & Water Damage Restoration
Mold is able to grow within 24 hours so take action immediately!
- Remove free standing water and moisture
- Cut out damaged drywall if needed
- Ventilate area with fans, usually 24-48 hours
- The repair process will vary by each damaged area
Tips for Choosing a Water Damage Restoration Company
- Specialize in your type of water damage (plumbing leak vs. waterbed flood)
- Available within 3 hours
Having a flood in your home is always a challenge. From our experience in water restoration, we compiled these action steps to get your home back to normal. Flood Army comes to your home’s defense whenever emergency water damage occurs. We are available 24/7 for emergencies. We serve all of Riverside, California and the Inland Empire including Moreno Valley, Corona, San Bernardino, Redlands, Yucaipa, Fontana, Jurupa Valley, Rialto, Highland, Colton, Loma Linda, Chino, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga and more. Call us at (800)217-0704 now!